Thursday, November 12, 2009

Siska and Bidzil



Hello my name is Sisika. It means bird, which is great for me because I love birds. I am eleven years old. My family is from the Navajo tribe. I live in northeast Arizona with my father Hakan (which means fire), My mother Istas (which means snow), and my older sister Magena (which means moon). My father is about to go buffalo hunting with the other men in my tribe. Today, I am going to learn how to cook the buffalo meat. That is not what I’m interested in. There is an eagle that has made a nest with three eggs. I cannot wait to see the baby eagles hatch out of their eggs. I have seen them shake. In fact, one fell out of the nest and into my arms. I have been raising it and keeping it under buffalo Hyde. I have named it Bidzil, which means he is strong. I know he will be. Magena says that I have lost my senses. I think I am helping nature. A few days have passed and Bidzil has hatched and has been following me every day. He is beginning to fit his name. Although he has not learned to fly yet he waddles around fast. I do not know how he will learn to fly. He is starting to flap his wings and I know that is a good sign.

After five weeks he is starting to fly! He can fly up to three feet. Father is starting to hunt more because Amitola had two more babies Chilaili and Chimalis. They are both girls. Bidzil likes to steal food from our plates like vegetables and some meat. Many people tell me that he is growing big and strong and will soon fly away. I do not believe what they say. Bidzil will stay with me forever.

Bidzil can fly so high now and I am worried that he will fly away from me. Mother says I am right. He is starting to build a nest with another eagle, Aquene. That means peace. I named her that because she is bringing peace to the Navajo tribe.

A few weeks later, Bidzil and Aquene have built their nest and laid their eggs. They are happy and so am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment